Friday, January 4, 2013

Curly Hair Trick That Works!


For those of you who don't know me personally , I have loads of thick naturally curly hair. I've had a love/hate relationship with my hair for most of my life. It sort of consumes my life! I have spent countless hours trying different methods of taming my unruly locks. If you have curly or wavy hair you know exactly what I'm talking about.  I've purchased product after product claiming to tame frizz and define curls to no avail. 

I found a really good hair product a few weeks ago. It is by far the best of all of the hair products I've ever purchased. (I will post about that wonderful product in a future blog entry). Still something was lacking so I continued my research on line. One thing kept coming up over and over again in my search engine and even Pinterest.  Articles about the sulfates in the shampoos that we use every day. Most shampoos contain harsh, drying sulfates that are extremely damaging to curly hair. (ammonium laureth sulfate, ammonium lauryl sulfate, sodium laureth, sodium lauryl sulfate ect.) These are common detergents found in shampoos that make curly hair frizzy and uncooperative. I also read that conditioner alone is sufficient in cleaning hair. 


I guess I just couldn't wrap my mind around my hair and scalp being clean without using shampoo. I finally decided to give it a try and I must say the results were AMAZING! 


What to do:


Find a good conditioner you like ( i use Tres Eme )


While in the shower wet hair and apply a liberal amount of conditioner to your hair.


Work it thoroughly through your entire head of hair. ( I comb my fingers through my hair for more even distribution.)


Massage your entire scalp for several minutes to remove dirt and dead skin cells from your scalp.

Rinse WELL

Towel dry hair, brush and apply your favorite mousse or hair gel and style as usual.


This method works miracles! My hair has never looked or felt as healthy as it does now. It feels like I have lost 5 pounds of weight to my hair and I have almost no frizz! 


 The picture below is of my hair after washing with conditioner only and believe it or not I have NO PRODUCT in my hair. I just washed and let it air dry and it looks fabulous! 

*** Angela Jennifer ***






No comments:

Post a Comment