Friday, October 30, 2009

Amused

Sometimes when I hear the voice of God leading me to do something. I cant help but laugh in exasperation and say HUH?? Do what? God is all about pushing me further than I ever thought I could go. I have said this many times to close friends. " You know, just when I dont think I can possibly take another thing. Here comes something else for me to squeeze onto my plate!"  God isn't so concerned about my comfort as he is about my growth. 
There are seasons of this "faith stretching" in every believers life. Some seasons are longer and more painful than others. I have come to a much deeper understanding of this in recent years. The greater the season of struggle, greater the reward and work done in me. Sometimes I just get so tickled at where we are in life right now. Its as though I am on the outside looking in for a moment and I absolutely lose it and I laugh hysterically! The enemy hates it when I am at ease enough to laugh at the struggles we have. This ease of laughter comes from knowing that these struggles are for a season and there will come a time in our lives when we will look back at these days and say "WOW... remember when??" 
PRAISE YOU JESUS!!! Thank you that the Enemy is defeated in your glorious name. 
So in the "mean" time there is a powerful work being done in me that no classroom or earthly teacher could impart. 


***Angela Jennifer***

No comments:

Post a Comment