Monday, November 15, 2010

Eating Disorder Part 2

When did I come to the conclusion that I have a (disorder) in this area? For many years I sought the Lord and as I prayed for help he slowly revealed it to me.

An alcoholic, drug addict or over eater never sets out to become one. Its a slow process of bad decision after bad decision. Low self - esteem, past hurts and the like in some of us can trigger a fight or flight response. This is when we begin to go down the road of addiction in an effort to extinguish emotions that may surface if we were to "stay" and fight.

 I always asked God "why don't you just make me skinny and not want to eat?" I truly believe that I serve a healing God and he can do whatever he wants whenever he wants. I know that he can make a person new and set them free in one instant if it is his will. So why wouldn't it be in his will to heal and deliver me? He began over the process of several years showing me..." It most certainly IS my will to heal and deliver you from this BUT I want to take you to the root of your problem and heal you from the inside out." I thought ... Why does every road I take have to be so long and difficult!? Let me share something with you all ...... God doesn't do anything half way. This in itself is a tremendous blessing but usually uncomfortable to the flesh.

The Lord wants to take his healing balm all the way to the depths of who you are. He isn't interested in just touching the surface, he wants to dig down deep and bring complete and total healing to the Glory of His name.


to continue.....

*** Angela Jennifer ***

No comments:

Post a Comment